Mutual welfare and benefit, one of the key principles of judo, means always showing respect and practicing safely in the dojo.
- Respect your clubmates and your coaches
- Rei (Bow) when entering and leaving the Dojo
- Ask permission from a coach before leaving the mat
- Tidy away your mess (drink bottles, sweet wrappers etc)
- Visit the toilet BEFORE the class begins
- Players must have a valid, in date Judo Licence.
- Footwear must be worn off the mat.
- Hands and feet should be cleaned before the class.
- Judo Suits (Gi's) must be clean at the beginning of a class.
- Jewellery/watches to be removed before a class.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- Players need to have short finger and toe nails.
- No hard or sharp objects to be worn (hair clips, metal pads in hair bands)
- No food or drinks allowed on the mat area (including chewing gum)
- Girls must wear a t-shirt under their judogijacket (must be white at comp's)